Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Green Monster

I found this juice recipe via Mind Body Green recently and it sounded wonderful so I had to try it. It is even better than I imagined it would be. Sweet and Green. Because I have reactive hypoglycemia and straight juice can send my blood sugar all over the place, I am adding a tablespoon of chia seeds to my next batch. (I wanted to try it precisely as the recipe is written first.) Chia seeds offer me the stabilizing protein I need and they're awesome good for the body. Here's the recipe. I highly recommend it...5 stars for sure.

- 12 ounces Coconut Water (I like the pulp so I use the coconut water with pulp)
- 1 handful Kale
- 1 handful Spinach
- 5 stalks Celery
- 1 Apple, cored & chopped 
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1/2 bunch parsley

Add the Coconut Water at the end to your juice.

Optional: add 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds after adding the Coconut Water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes in the refrigerator to allow the Chia Seeds to soften. 

Enjoy!

~*~ Regina Ann